What are you hungry for?
As she opened her eyes, she felt the San Francisco sunshine peering through her window. She stretched her arms and legs into the softness of her plush bed wishing her a good morning and a promising day. She felt grateful for the beauty and comfort that surrounded her, yet pained with a hunger she couldn’t quite understand. As she moved throughout her day, she nourished herself with knowledge and good people and quality experiences… promises she thought would leave her satiated. But she still felt hungry.

Her mind told her to excel, and to challenge itself… to live in a city that provided her the tools and opportunities to get there, wherever that was. She didn’t know, but she couldn’t stop searching. Her heart, however, told her to slow down and to listen and to share and to love. It wasn’t often that she listened to her heart though…  her thoughts were too loud and they made perfect sense.

Prior to my time at Ann Wigmore Natural Health Institute, I lived in a state of chasing. I was too overwhelmed with influence to understand the simplicity of what I needed and more importantly, what I wanted. My time in Puerto Rico provided me an experience of myself that I will never forget. It wasn't the beach, it was the healing. I was living from my heart; I felt in tune and purpose-filled.  The potential of a life experience that is exactly the one I want for myself, and more importantly, the one I wish for others. I felt the capacity of my heart to feel... I felt the strength in my softness. In that strength, I found my purpose.

She realized that she wasn’t hungry, she was in fact, full. She didn’t need food or technology or things; she needed the space to feel her fullness.
KA

No comments:

Post a Comment